Could you be a Compassionate Neighbour?
Compassionate Neighbours is a free, community-led social movement offering friendship and support for anyone who is lonely, at risk of isolation, and nearing the end of life through age or illness.
Make a real difference to your community
Do you like making friends? Do you like chatting over a cuppa? Do you want to make a difference to someone in your community who is lonely or at risk of isolation by simply sharing your time, companionship and support? Compassionate Neighbours pairs local people based on their shared likes, interests, experiences and geography. You will be supported to develop your skills and confidence as well as receive ongoing support. This is your chance to become a part of an award-winning social movement.
Compassionate Neighbours can help others by:
- visiting regularly
- offering friendship, emotional support and a listening ear
- helping them to do the things they like doing
- helping them stay connected to the community as well as family and friends
How do you get involved?
If you think you’ve got what it takes to become a Compassionate Neighbour we’d love to hear from you. Please note that you must be over 18. Get in touch and we can arrange an interview to check your suitability for this project and carry out a relevant DBS check. You must be willing to give up your time on a regular basis.
To find out more contact your local hospice project.
You can do this in a number of ways:
- Be a Strategic partner and link your objectives to those of Compassionate Neighbours
- Make an individual or regular donation, click here
- Sponsor an event and help us grow our social movement
- Give a gift in kind. Pro-bono support is a great way to help us become a sustainable project for the future. Whether you’re a marketing guru, a legal expert, a consultant in social movements or are just interested in the project, we’d love to hear from you.
- Over 10 years’ experience in growing Compassionate Neighbours in local communities.
- Expertise of hospices in End of Life and Palliative Care.
- A full suite of resources, including marketing and branding.
- A tailor made package of support, specific to the needs of your organisation and community.
- Support from our growing team of Compassionate Coaches; experienced Compassionate Neighbours with first-hand experience of a Compassionate Neighbours project.
- Access to the network of hospices already growing a project in their area.
- Membership of a growing movement in the UK and beyond who are building caring communities.
- A growing evaluation and evidence base so we can shout loud and proud about the impact on our communities.
Please get in touch via CN@stjh.org.uk and a member of our friendly team will be happy to explain more.